Toddler Safety – Protect Your Child From Blind Cords

So sad. Another toddler has tragically died by being strangled on a blind cord.  A three year boy in Newry became entangled in the cord on Saturday.  That's 25 deaths from blind cords since 1999.   In October a two year old girl accidentally strangled herself on the cord of a roller blind hanging near her cot, and last month a two year old boy strangled himself on a window blind cord after he climbed up to look out of the window.

The tragic thing is, this could so easily be avoided by fitting some cheap blind cord safety clips. These are about the cheapest child safety device around and are a must for anyone who has blinds in their house and has young children, or ever has young children in their house.  They also make the blinds look tidier as they keep the cord nicely tucked away, so there's really no excuse.

There are no comments yet. Be the first and leave a response!

Leave a Reply

Wanting to leave an <em>phasis on your comment?


Trackback URL